Sunday, June 13, 2010

Books on the Grapevine

Blog Name/URL

Books on the Grapevine

Focus

The blog developed out of our Brisbane based book club Reading Between the Wines. Although we have a fabulous book club we are still finding our blogging feet a little. We wanted to add something other than straight reviews since so there are already so many great bloggers who do that. We like books (and wine), and some of us like macs and gadgets too. There will be more posts coming in the next few months. In the meantime follow us on twitter  @literarylines (because we like literary lines and fine wine! ).

Reading Interests

Literary fiction, short stories,  occasionally non fiction and memoirs. Also interested in e-readers and the impact of technology on reading.

Twitter

@literarylines

1 comment:

  1. My name is Dorothy Johnston. I am an Australian author who has had eight novels published and I'm writing to ask if you would consider reviewing my short story collection on your blog.
    The stories in Eight Pieces On Prostitution span the whole of my writing life and include my first published story, ‘The Man Who Liked to Come with the News’. My first novel, ‘Tunnel Vision’, is set in a Melbourne massage parlour, and I have continued to return to the subject of prostitution in my novels and short stories, notably in ‘The House at Number 10′ and in this collection. ‘Where the Ladders Start’ is a long story, almost a novella, based around a suspicious death. Many of the stories are set in Canberra, where I lived for thirty years. Once Australia’s national capital gained self government, it pioneered the de-criminalisation of prostitution.
    My email address is dorothy.johnston@hugonet.com.au
    If you are interested, please let me know how to send you the short stories.

    Thank you and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete